Sooda is an object-to-relational mapping (O/R Mapping) software for the .NET (http://msdn.microsoft.com/net) environment.
It lets you automatically generate an object-oriented data access layer (DAL) for your application.
Instead of writing SQL code, you can now focus on writing business rules in object-oriented .NET languages.
Sooda is an open source software distributed under the terms of the BSD license.
Sooda runs on the .NET Framework versions 1.1 and 2.0 and supports the following O/R features:
- transparent object materialization
- clean and natural syntax - the amount of boilerplate code is reduced to the absolute minimum, the code is readable and maintainable
- support for most data types supported by the .NET Framework
- natural mapping of one-to-many relations as referenced objects and collections
- natural mapping of many-to-many relations as collections
- various models of object inheritance
- differential XML serialization and deserialization for moving data across layers
- support for long running transactions
- data caching with copy-on-write support
The following database engines are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server - primary development platform, most thoroughly tested, production quality support
- MySQL 4.x and higher - experimental support
- PostgreSQL 8.x - experimental support
- Oracle 8i and higher - experimental support